Sunday, July 21, 2013

Starlog Magazine


When I was growing up one of my favorite magazines was Starlog. Published from 1976 until 2009, Starlog was a great source of news about science fiction and fantasy movies and TV shows, especially in the days before the internet.

I have a pretty good collection of Starlog magazines which I still enjoy reading. I recently discovered that Archive.org has put scans of Starlog online which can be viewed and downloaded in various formats. Their archive currently covers from the first issue in 1976 until March of 1996.

One of the fun parts of reading the old issues is reading the rumors of upcoming movie and TV projects. A lot of these projects came to fruition as described still others took many years to surface and others never saw the light of day.

In this blog I want to take a look at these rumors and see how things actually turned out, or didn’t as the case may be. I will also cover other interesting things I find in the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment